I am a Project!!
I had written this blog during Lockdown 2020. It went into cold storage and remained in the folder of Blog Ideas. In Karnataka we are back in a partial lockdown and the weekend is a copy of the earlier stringent lockdown, I decided it’s (the blog’s) time has arrived, especially as the situation all around is so grim. I hope it will bring a smile to your face, definitely at my expense. So here it is:
APRIL — MAY 2020
I am a project!
I happened to tell my husband that I had lost 3kgs of weight in the first month of the lockdown. He quickly caught on and that’s how I became a project.
Every project has to have a plan.
To be a slimmer, healthier version of myself.
- To reduce weight from 73kgs to 63kgs. Sounds realistic but still about 6kgs more than the ideal weight for my height. I don’t want to look like a shrivelled up prune.
- To fit into clothes I have set apart as motivation.
- XXL size to come down to XL and then L. Expecting M, I think will be too much.
- To reduce stress and pain on my weight bearing joints in order to be more agile.
Weighing scale, mirror, smaller sized clothes from a decade ago. Videos by Rujuta Diwekar and Luke Coutinho — only the best for me!!
- Work very hard in the house, sweeping, dusting, washing vessels and drying them; cooking, putting clothes out to dry and bringing them back. Watering the plants and what have you!
- Keep the aims in mind even if feeling tired
- Eat small portions. No snacking in between
- Have fruits and vegetables.
- Use positive affirmations
- Exercise every day. About 20 minutes in the morning and an hour in the evening.
- Check weight on a regular basis. There are different opinions on whether one must check ones weight every day.
Now I must tell you about my weighing scale. Either it is temperamental or very sensitive to floor levels. Within seconds I can get different readings at ‘six inch’ differences of places on the floor. So in the beginning I would feel quite pleased by taking the lowest reading. However, I felt like a cheat — so now I sort of take an average without resorting to a calculator.
- At the end of Lockdown 4 my weight is now in the range of 67kgs — still a long way to go. I am not discouraged, it can be done.
- My size has come to L which I think is great. So I have toned up. My trousers are quite loose.
- I can fit into some of the clothes that I had set aside. My arms are the problem
- My knees are much better. Not creaking as much as earlier.
- Earlier, I thought my weight would not budge from the 72/ 73kgs. Now, I know that I was not doing things right.
- It is possible to lose weight with discipline and routine.
- Take pushing and a reminder in the right spirit — for the project has to be accomplished.
- I can keep away from snacking.
- Weight has gone up to about 68 kgs, not touched 69 but if I am not careful it will slowly creep up there. Not good at all. I have been debating whether to blame hereditary factors for it!
- Discovered that my weighing scale was doing an honest job. How and where I stand on it is the issue.
- My knees can be stiff and painful on certain days. (Could it be dietary?) Getting out of bed is difficult unless I do some stretches and that is really difficult with a full bladder! Tricky situation that needs some innovative thinking.
- The clothes that I could fit into are a little bit of a struggle now.
- With the maids coming back, much of the physical work I used to do has stopped. Should I take back some of it or create something new?
- Trying out new dishes is not a very good idea if the objective is to lose weight. How stupid can I be, I should be trying out healthy dishes!
- Determination and perseverance can be hijacked with the right ingredients and excuses.
The Project has failed!
Suggestions are welcome!